Tuition and Fees
University of Massachusetts Global reserves the right to change any of the following tuition and fee rates at any time without notice.
|Tuition||Regular Students Per Credit Hour||Active Duty Military Students and Spouses Per Credit Hour||Audit Only Per Credit Hour||Refundable Per Published Refund Schedule|
|Undergraduate Degree (all, except Pre-licensure ABSN)||$500||$250||$250||Yes|
|Doctoral of Education||$1030||$1030||$515||Yes|
|Doctoral of Nursing||$1200||$1200||$600||Yes|
|University of Massachusetts Global MyPath (Competency Based Education):||No3|
|Cost per Billing Period/24 Weeks (Two Billing Periods Per Academic Year)*||Minimum # of Units Per Billing Period/24 Weeks||Total per Academic Year/48 weeks*|
|Active Duty Military - Undergraduate Degree||$250 per credit up to 12 credits per billing period;||12||Up to $6,000|
|Active Duty Military - Graduate Degree||$400 per credit up to 9 credits per billing period;||9||Up to $7,200|
|*University of Massachusetts Global MyPath Academic Year is defined as 24 units (Bachelor's Degree) or 18 units (Master's Degree) in 48 weeks of instruction|
|Other Mandatory Fees||Amount||Frequency|
|Live Text Fee||$145||One-Time||Yes1|
|Lab and Material Fees||Varies by Course||Per Course||Yes1|
|Nursing General Fee||$400||One Time||Yes2|
|Nursing Advanced Physical Assessment Fee||$800||One Time||Yes2|
|Nursing Clinical Fee I||$400||One Time||Yes2|
|Nursing Clinical Fee II||$400||One Time||Yes2|
|Technology Fee||$130||Per Session6||Yes2|
|Technology Fee - UMass Global MyPath||$200||Per Billing Period||No3|
|University of Massachusetts Global MyPath Re-Grade Fee||$100||Per Occurrence||Yes4|
|University of Massachusetts Global MyPath Re-Assessment attempts (Non-Certiﬁcation)||$25||Per Occurrence||No4|
|University of Massachusetts Global MyPath Re-Assessment attempts (Certiﬁcation)||$25||By Competency||No4|
|University of Massachusetts Global MyPath Continuation Fee||$100||Monthly 5||No|
|Degree Conferral and Certificate Processing Fee||$150||Per Occurrence||No|
|Duplicate Diploma Fee||$50||Per Occurrence||No|
|DNP Continuing Candidacy Fee||$500||Per Session||No|
|Nursing Clinical Continuation Fee||$500||Per Session||No|
|Practicum Continuation Fee - Undergraduate||$150||Per Session||No|
|Practicum Continuation Fee - Graduate||$300||Per Session||No|
|Ed.D. Continuing Candidacy Fee||$600||Per Session||No|
|Education Demonstration of Mastery Portfolio Fee||$150||Per Occurrence||No|
|Nursing Hooding and Pinning Fee||$200||One-Time||No|
|Pre-licensure ABSN Fee||$54||Per Credit Hour||Yes2|
|Prior Learning Portfolio Assessment Fee||$300||Per Occurrence||No|
|Returned Item Processing Fee||$25||Per Occurrence||No|
|Teacher Performance Assessment Fee||$125||Per Task||No|
|Teacher Performance Remediation Fee||$125||Per Task||No|
|Transcript Fee (USPS)||$10||Per Occurrence||No|
|Transcript Fee (Electronic)||$7.55||Per Occurrence||No|
If returned unused/unopened and not activated prior to the first day of classes. No refund on or after the 1st day of the session.
If course is dropped prior to the first day of the session. No refund on or after the 1st day of the session.
See University of Massachusetts Global MyPath Tuition Refund Policy below.
See University of Massachusetts Global MyPath section of the Academic Catalog for more detail.
Starting 8th month of billing period and continuing until the end of the billing period.
Active Duty Military students in all Undergraduate and Masters programs are exempt from Technology Fee and Pre Licensure ABSN Fee.
Final billing period tuition is prorated when the student has less than seven credits to complete the degree program. For students with four or more credits but less than seven credits remaining, tuition shall be fifty percent of the published tuition rate. For students with less than four credits remaining, tuition shall be twenty five percent of the published tuition rate.
Final billing period tuition is prorated when the student has less than seven credits to complete the degree program. For students with more than three but less than seven credits remaining, tuition shall be sixty-seven percent of published tuition rate. For students with three or fewer credits remaining, tuition shall be thirty-three percent of published tuition rate.
Tuition Refund Policy – Adds, Drops or Withdrawals
- To add or drop a class, please see the appropriate "Academic Policies and Procedures" sections of this catalog.
- To officially add or drop a class, students must do so either through MyUMassGlobal Self Service or submit an Add/Drop Form to their respective campus One Stop staff.
- Failure to attend class or merely giving notice to an instructor will not be regarded as official notice of add/drop or withdrawal.
- The date of withdrawal for purposes of tuition and/or refundable fees refunds shall be the date on which the class was officially dropped through MyUMassGlobal Self Service or at the campus.
- Dropping below full-time or part-time status may affect any financial aid that has been awarded and/or disbursed. Students who receive federal financial aid are subject to a pro-rated return of federal funds and will be required to return funds to the University that were previously disbursed based on a higher unit load. Please contact your Campus One Stop staff for further information.
- Completely withdrawing from the University or dropping classes after the published tuition and/or refundable fees refund deadline does not absolve students' financial obligations to the University.
- Any tuition and unit-based fees credits resulting from drops will be applied to the current balance, if applicable.
- Failure to pay tuition and fees in full by the due date of each session, as listed in the catalog, will result in a drop from registered courses.
Tuition and Fees Refund Policy for credit hour programs other than University of Massachusetts Global MyPath and School of Extended Education. Please see Academic Calendar section for specific trimester dates.
|If student drops and/or withdraws||Refundable Amount|
|Prior to the first day of classes||100%|
|Within the first week of classes||90%|
|Within the second week of classes||80%|
|After the second week of classes||None|
- For more information about your state’s speciﬁc refund policies, if available, please refer to the State Authorization section online or in the catalog.
- If you are using Tuition Assistance (TA) to pay for your education and drop or withdraw from a course prior to completing 60 percent of the course, the Department of Defense requires that the university return any unearned TA funds to the department based on how much of the course you completed and that you pay a portion of those returned funds. You may owe a portion of your tuition to the university and a portion to your military branch. Before dropping or withdrawing from a course, please contact your military education counselor or education services officer to determine how it could impact your Military Tuition Assistance and potential repayment obligations.
- Active Duty Military students dropping within the first two weeks of classes or withdrawing after the second week through 60% of the course are subject to the refunding schedule above. However, if a student dropped due to a military service obligation, they may be eligible to file a petition for an exception to the refunding policy. Please see your Academic Advisor or OneStop Specialist for assistance with the petition process.
University of Massachusetts Global MyPath Tuition and Fee Refund Policy
Students may drop all competencies on a date within 30 days of the start of the student's first billing period and receive a full tuition refund. This applies only to the first billing period. For all subsequent billing periods, a full tuition refund will be given prior to starting competencies, but no refunds will be given once the student begins attendance and completes a substantive academic activity.
School of Extended Education Tuition and Refund Policies
The School of Extended Education provides courses and programs to non-matriculated students providing opportunities for continuing education outside of the traditional degree program. Tuition is set based on the individual programming and may vary from the standard tuition policies governing the degree programs. For the most up-to-date tuition on courses and programs offered through the School of Extended Education, as well as specific refunding policies, please visit the website at https://www.umassglobal.edu/academic-programs/extended-education.
It is every student’s responsibility to review their student account periodically via My.UMassGlobal.edu Self Service portal to ensure accuracy of all charges and credits and balances due.
Late Payment Charge
Late Payment Charge is calculated at 6.5 percent per annum commencing on the applicable due date and continuing through the payment date based on the student account balance at each month end. Tuition is due on the start date of each 8 week term, as listed in the catalog. If the balance remains unpaid, late payment charge accrues from the term start date. It is a fixed, simple rate. University of Massachusetts Global reserves the right to change this rate at any time without notice.