Undergraduate Credit Hour Degree Requirements
Graduation Requirements–Associate of Arts in General Education
- A minimum of 60 credits is required.
- Completion of degree program requirements.
- 15 credits in residence.
- 2.0 minimum cumulative grade point average.
- Degree requirements cannot be waived by the CSU or IGETC certification (CA), Washington and Oregon state-approved Direct Transfer degrees, Associate Degrees for Transfer or other state’s equivalent transfer certification.
- LBSU 100 Student Success Strategies and LBSU 105 Academic Foundations cannot be satisfied in transfer.
Graduation Requirements–Bachelor Degrees
- A minimum of 120 credits.
- 36 credits earned in upper-division coursework.
- Minimum of 30 credits completed in residence at University of Massachusetts Global; 18 of which must be upper-division credits, 12 of which must be completed in students major.
- A 2.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale at University of Massachusetts Global and transfer work.
- A 2.0 grade point average in all major and minor coursework. Programs may have additional grade requirements.
- Resolution of all “I” grades.
- LBSU 302 Information Fluency and Academic Integrity (Cannot be used as an elective in a major, minor, or certificate program)
- LBSU 304 Liberal Arts Core Foundations (Cannot be used as an elective in a major, minor, or certificate program)
Academic Major Credits and specific courses
- See program listing. Students must follow general education and major requirements of the same year.
- A minimum of 21 credits of upper-division coursework in the major; a minimum of a 2.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale in the major and in upper-division work.
Double Major (Seeking Concurrently)
- A maximum of 18 credits may be duplicated by the second major.
- Completion of all requirements for both majors.
- Diploma(s) will be issued for each type of degree showing the majors completed at the time of graduation.
- Must be completed in a discipline outside the student’s major.
- A minimum of 18 credits, 9 of which, may not be duplicated by the major.
- A minimum of 9 upper-division credits.
- A minimum of 6 upper-division credits completed in residence.
- 2.0 cumulative average and 2.0 GPA for all upper-division coursework.
Multiple Emphases or Concentrations
There is no limitation to the number of emphasis or concentration areas a student may complete within their degree program. At least one 3-unit emphasis or concentration course must be unduplicated within the other emphasis areas or concentrations.
Students should consult with their campus staff regarding degree and financial implications of completing multiple emphases or concentrations.
- Course of the student’s own choosing taken beyond requirements of general education and major/minor in order to meet minimum credit requirements for graduation.
Second or Additional Bachelor’s Degree at University of Massachusetts Global
(After initial Bachelors degree has been conferred)
- A student must apply and be admitted to seek a second bachelor degree or major.
- All major requirements must be met.
- A minimum of 30 semester credits in residence beyond the minimum requirements for the first bachelor’s degree.
- LBSU 302 Information Fluency and Academic Integrity and LBSU 304 Liberal Arts Core Foundations are waived for all bachelor degree holders from another regionally accredited institution.